A Recorded Webinar Series for Fire and EMS Personnel
What you will learn in a Covid-19 context:
- Introduction to and demystifying of key concepts in epidemiology, immunology and virology.
- What is a virus, and what makes a coronavirus special?
- What's our best understanding of where this virus came from?
- How much is it "evolving"?
- What are the implications of changes that could develop in the virus?
- How does testing for the virus work, and what are the advantages and disadvantages of different kinds of tests?
- What do we know about how the virus spreads and doesn't spread? How is this different from other diseases?*
- What do we know about the pathophysiology of the virus?*
- What do we know now about current best treatments?*
- What new treatments and vaccines are on the horizon, and how may they work?
- What are the implications for the US and the world in the next year or two?
*Has the potential to go out of date quickly so we’ll cover the latest.
Originally recorded at:
First Hour: Monday, July 6 @ 1000 Pacific Time
Second Hour: Wednesday, July 8 @ 1000 Pacific Time
Third Hour: Monday, July 13 @ 1000 Pacific Time
Fourth Hour: Wednesday, July 15 @ 1000 Pacific Time